Wednesday 30 July 2014

My Hand Luggage Essentials for Short Haul Flights

Heyya! I know I said that my last blog post will probably be my last before Blogust series but I couldn't help myself so...
It's that time of my summer where I'm busy washing, drying and sorting out clothes ready to be packed away into my suitcase ready for another adventure. At this point of my week with only 36 hours left until my flight, I just want to get going and fly away especially when it is to see my boyfriend who I haven't seen in about a month (tough going, I know :P) and because I'm so excited and eager to get going, I thought I'd put together a little list (especially as I seem to love list posts) on my hand luggage essentials for short haul flights. In case you're wondering, I haven't been on a long haul flight so that's why it's short haul.

                                      

{1} A fully charged phone
This is probably one of the most important items that you could possibly take anywhere but on a flight especially. From your phone, you can take pictures (good quality ones if you have a good phone), listen to music and communicate with people. I have specified fully charged in this sections title because what can you do if your phone runs out of charge mid flight because you've been listening to music the whole flight and started out with 50% anyway?


{2} Usable Headphones
Headphones are so essential for flights especially if you are travelling alone because you can plug yourself out of the flight by plugging them in and listening to music. If they aren't usable, you can't do that at all so I guess that's kinda useful ;)


{3} Notebook and Pens ready to jot notes and ideas down
The other day, I brought a really nice pink (it says orange on the label but I'm sure it's pink) polka dot note pad as I've been needing a nice one with lines and I've started to become addicted to writing down notes for this blog (planning etc). I usually take a notebook or some paper pad on a plane because it's the perfect time to just think and be creative. I will definitely pack this notepad with some pens ready, just in case.


{4} A Book
I don't think I've ever been on a flight without a book. They are my all time essential for filling up time so bringing it on a flight is a must. I never go anywhere without my current book.


{5} A collection of Magazines
Again, I don't think I have ever been on a flight without a collection of magazines. They are also key to filling time and therefore making a flight go quicker by keeping me busy. They are always a big form of entertainment because of the stories are always slightly different in each magazine. Having these on a flight or journey is a must.


{6} Snacks and Drinks to last the flight
I never go on any journey without some kind of drink or food because I always seem to dehydrate rather quickly and I tend to eat when I have nothing else to do so obviously they are high on my priority when it comes to packing (or putting money in for when it comes to drink) my hand luggage bag. I don't know where I'd be with my snacks and drinks on flights.


{7} Makeup to refresh original face
Occasionally on flights, your makeup can come off especially if you decide to spend your flight sleeping and therefore carrying small amounts of makeup around in your hand luggage is key. I always take my Rimmel London Clarifying Powder and Colourworks lipgloss because those are my most likely products to come off.


{8} Camera
If I go away without my family, I will always bring a camera in my hand luggage so that I can capture any moment I wish (cue airplane wings and cloud photo). This will be a definite pack on Friday so that I can take good quality photos for my Blogust series.


{9} Purse with money just in case
Essential to everyday because you don't know when you are going to have to spend some money on something essential e.g. food (this is the main reason why I put this in this blog post)


{10} Mobile Phone Charger
You never know when your phone will run out of battery really and if you can find a plug socket, your mobile phone charger is on hand. Also, I'm always terrified of losing my luggage so to make sure I can still use my phone even if I do, I always pack this.


Whats your travel essentials in your hand luggage? Let me know.
See ya on the flip side,
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment