Friday 8 August 2014

Blogust #8: Rainy Day, Trip into De Haan and BBQ dinner!

Heyya! So today's been a bit here, there, everywhere really! Sadly it has become another rainy, miserable day here in De Haan and therefore all original plans had to go straight out the window. We did, however, manage to forge a slight plan at the last few moments.


Instead of cycling, we decided to drive into De Haan. There we spent about a hour sat in the car or driving around thinking about what to do while it tipped down with rain outside. I took this opportunity to take loads of cool photos so you better enjoy them. :P











Eventually we ended up at a posh café in the centre of a huge park. We used to go here all the time when I was younger and on holiday here. It hasn't changed at all since then and the milkshakes are still as good.










Following our stop at the café, the rain had finally stopped and therefore gave us the opportunity to wander about a bit more and take in the sites of De Haan (even though there was little). Don't get me wrong, I love De Haan but apart from the beach, there is few things happening.
























After a couple of hours back at base, we succeeded on cooking a lush BBQ even though only half of the meat was actually cooked on the BBQ. Hayho, it was still yummy!




Okay, so that was my day! How was yours? What did you get up to?
You know I managed that slight sun burn in my last post. Well, good news! It's faded to a tan! Yay! However, I now have weird ankle lines where my cropped jeans were. Hopefully, I'll have another sunny day before I leave so I can balance it out. Fingers crossed, guys!
Also today, I got nominated not once but TWICE(!!!!) for the Liebster Award!! It's an award only for bloggers who have follows less than two hundred. From this, they can therefore get more promotion etc. I feel rather honoured to be nominated at all, let alone twice. I will hopefully finish the two lot of questions and post it by Tuesday, earliest due to the lack of internet here.
Well, anyway, it's about time I think I signed off today! So I'll chat tomorrow!
See ya all on the flip side,
Holly x

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous pictures! I especially like the ones that you took in the rain. Rain is so beautiful. Anyhow, congrats on being nominated for the Liebster Award! They're pretty fun posts to do!

    -Riley XO
    smilesnomatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I totally agree! Rain can be really beautiful! I'm really looking forward to completing the post for the award especially with so many questions (20 in total) for me to fill in!
      Holly x

      Delete