Saturday 9 August 2014

Blogust #9: Crazy Golf, More Swimming and 'What I'm Reading'!

Hey, guys! So today I have not been a very good blogger at all. I have done virtually nothing good that is worth blogging about! Sorry! Therefore, I gunna have to ramble and just show you a bunch of pictures that I took in the hope that someone will be remotely interested in what I'm doing...















Okay, only joking! But literally, those are the only pictures I have taken today! So, sorry if you were expecting cool photos like my previous blog posts because you have now got some dark shots of crazy golf, some legs, a glass roof and a ice cream cone ;)
Anyway, my day has been okay really. The morning started off well with a quick round of crazy golf in which I did not come last (celebrate with me ;)). Although by the end, I was rather hungry and just in dire need for some form of food. I was satisfied by two sandwiches half an hour later. They were rather nice actually.
Then an hour or so later, we went down to pool as a family. It was fun for the first hour but due to circumstances, I left early and went back to the villa where I read and ate ice cream and lazed about.
Because nothing but those happened today, I'm going to chat to you guys about 'What I'm Reading' currently.
For my English AS level reading, I have to read 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I've struggled to get into this book for quite a few days but last night, I actually sat down and read a few chapters. From that, I've managed to read one and a bit more chapters today.
I don't know whether it's just me but a book has to grip me from the very start for me to happily carry on reading it. Again, I have to have an urge to pick it up for me to actually do it. Last night, I forced myself to do it so maybe I should do that more so I finished more books.
Anyway, to conclude, go try and read the original great Gatsby and tell me what you think (no spoilers though, I may not have finished it ;)).
I'm gunna sign off for tomorrow and I'll talk to you all tomorrow where I think the plan is to travel somewhere and start packing for thee journey home on Monday, which in some way's I'm looking forward to.
See ya on the flip side,
Holly x

2 comments:

  1. The Great Gatsby is definitely worth perceveiring with, once you get past the few chapters. I think it's considered a classic because the writing and symbolism are so beautiful, whereas if F Scott Fitzgerald had written it in the style of many modern thriller writers (okay, TGG is no thriller, but you get what I'm saying), it wouldn't have the same "whimsy"...
    Cool posts, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd be proud to know that I have now reached Chapter six in the book now and starting to enjoy it! Thanks!
      Holly x

      Delete